Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Lush Ultrabland Cleanser Review

In an earlier post I reviewed a facemask I bought a few weeks ago called Cosmetic Warrior (you can find this post here).  During this trip to lush, I also picked up a couple of samples of different products that would help my skin – and I do love a good sample! One of this was the cleanser – Ultrabland.



After trying this sample for a couple of days, I knew I had to go back and get a full pot. It was at the higher end of my completely skint price range coming in at £11.50 for 100g – but I figured it was a nice post Christmas mini splurge.

Ultrabland contains ingredients such as Honey, which is meant to moisturise the skin as well as act as an antiseptic. It also contains Rose Water, which is meant to calm, and sooth the skin.

First appearances – it looks pretty thick and creamy in the pot - which I do quite like in a cleanser. After applying a small amount to my hands and then face I admit it made my face feel a bit claggy. But after wiping off with a hot flannel my skin felt so smooth and just really clean! It definitely calmed my skin (which was mid breakout), and my skin felt so moisturised.


Personally, based on the thickness and the way it left my skin afterwards – I think this is more a cleanser for night time – or when you feel like your skin needs a really good clean. I think I just prefer something that will leave my skin feeling a little brighter in the morning – a little less heavy duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment