Thursday, 26 February 2015

A Post About Home

As much as I love being at uni in the middle of Newcastle, here, in a little village in Yorkshire will always have my heart. The views, walks and life here is just incomparable.



Living here in Newcastle for most of the year is amazing – don’t get me wrong – where you can be 10 minutes away from anything you could want to do is so exciting and it was definitely the right choice for me to move here – alongside most of the people that I’ve grown up with. The choice of night life is so varied I could literally walk along one street and find five different bars all catering to each different personality of mine, from the secret diva in WHQ to letting my hair down and dancing like crazy in the Cosmic Ballroom. It’s not just about nightlife - its actually not – there’s so much else to do – restaurants, comedy nights, museums and art galleries – it really is all here.

But sometimes its nice to take a break.

That’s what coming home to me is all about – taking a break from uni life – which despite what people will try and tell you is actually pretty damn stressful. It’s little things that I never thought that I would miss about home are the things that I miss most – being able to actually open my arms without knocking them into walls/wardrobe/errant flatmate that isn’t looking where they’re going. Being able to walk outside and be on grass rather than a balcony or a main road. Having some time out to just be on my own and think.

Here are some pictures I took when I went on a walk when I was last at home – I’m sure you can see why I love it so much.










Sorry about the soppy post – It’s got to that point in the year where I’m really missing home (if you couldn’t already tell).

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! I live in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere in East Yorkshire and I understand and feel the exact same way as you. I go to uni in Nottingham, and as much as I LOVE it here and there are perks (such as regular public transport...) I do enjoy going home to the country :) It's just so refreshing.

    SugarPlumPosts // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, yes hahah the regular transport is such a plus!!!xx

      Delete