Wednesday, 11 March 2015

My Foundation Collection


Hi my names Ruth and I’m a foundation-aholic.


I swear there is nothing that I enjoy buying more than a good foundation – and better yet loving it and becoming obsessed with it. The worst feeling ever? When you buy a foundation because of the hype around it and not loving it – it just breaks my heart when it doesn’t live up to the expectations. Here is a peek into my foundation collection – along with my pros and cons – whether it lives up to the hype.


   Rimmel Match Perfection
I don’t know what it is about this foundation – but I always end up going back to it. I have this in the colour 103 True Ivory and it just seems to sink into my skin perfectly! The coverage is medium, with a bit of a dewy-ness to it – it’s just a really lovely everyday foundation. I tend to wear this one a bit more in the wintertime when I want my skin to have a sort of muted glow to it – and it does the job perfectly.

 Bourjois Healthy Mix
I bought this foundation pretty recently (compared to others) because id heard so many people raving about it. I bought it in a rush however and didn’t actually look at the one I bought – whoops! So I ended up buying the serum version, which is meant to be a gel formula but honestly is quite light and runny. That being said the coverage is light to medium but I’ve found that you can build it quite easily, especially if you use a thicker brush like a buffing brush for example.  But anyway this foundation is just awesome – it really is.

Rimmel Match Perfection in 103 True Ivory; Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 52 Vanilla

 Rimmel Stay Matte
I featured this foundation on my blog in an earlier post (here), and after actually buying the right colour – oops – it’s become another staple in my collection. The coverage is very high, and it does feel a little like paint when you put it on, but after blending I love the finish that it gives. I wear this if I have a busy day at uni, or if I’m on a night out, and don’t want to touch up my foundation through the day; this foundation seriously does not budge. 

Rimmel BB Cream (Matte)
I’m not going to lie – I really don’t like this.  I’ve always been a bit dubious of BB creams, I think it’s been a lot of hype with not much substance – I’ve yet to find one that will really wow me. Let me start this by saying this is not matte. It’s a dewy finish – but was a BB cream ever going to be matte? I don’t know. Honestly I bought this at the same time as I bought Stay Matte – I was having a bad skin time – and this has just paled in comparison and been pushed to the back of my foundation box.

Rimmel Stay Matte in 010 Light Porcelain; Rimmel Stay Matte in 200 Soft Beige; Rimmel BB Cream in Light

Nars Sheer Glow
This is the only kind of really high-end foundation that I own – being a Christmas present. I have to say as nice as this foundation is – it gives a really nice luminosity to the skin with a lightweight formula. Now the negative – I really just don’t get the hype. I mean it’s nice and all but for that price I want something that is going to make me want to cry with how good it looks – and this just doesn’t. I hate to say it but it’s been a bit of a disappointment to be honest!

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow
I got this as part of a Benefit set I wrote about in a post (here) – and I mean its okay. I have this in the colour () and it’s a nice foundation, but the coverage is very light. Definitely one to wear in summer when my skin is not having a major meltdown. The formula is nice and silky but it really doesn’t do much other than give a tiny bit of coverage.

Nars Sheer Glow in Fiji; Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow in I'm Pure 4 Sure

I’m still on the search for my holy-grail foundation – have you found yours?
Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin!


2 comments:

  1. Loved this! Totally agree with the bb cream! Ive always found that Rimmel is a bit rubbish when it comes to bb creams! I had one and it was impossible to blend! My favourtite foundation has got to be Maybelline Dream flawless nude! Could not live without it now! Loved this! x

    http://leelysesblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you I will definitely try that!!xx

      Delete