Wednesday, 1 April 2015

L’oréal Glam Bronze Eau De Soleil: First Impressions + Swatches


I am so excited to be reviewing this product; if anyone needs more variety in bronzer it is definitely me. Especially now, as I am the ultimate pale girl, a subtle bronzer is literally my best friend. I am a big fan of Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer, but realistically I can’t buy that every time I need a new bronzer, so here we are!


I applied for this tester ages and ages ago online, id forgotten that Id even applied for it! It arrived yesterday, and I have to say I’m impressed. Usually with a sample, especially when it is completely free, you get tiny packet, usually with about 4 uses of the product in if that. This seems like something I should’ve paid for!

The bottle itself is a frosted glass effect and 20ml in size. The back gives a little section of instructions just to shake well and apply a little to your finger to use. The bottle states that this is a “weightless fresh bronzer” and will give a “natural healthy tan”.

The sample came with an accompanying letter from the L’oréal Paris Beauty Team, explaining a little more about the product. It contains “gold micro-fine” particles in order to add a “natural, light-reflecting bronze touch” to your skin. It tells you to apply beneath your cheekbones and around the edge of your face for contour.


Now for the fun part – opening up!!

On first impressions the smell of this is pretty strong. It smells a bit like baby oil. To be honest though I think this will wear off (I hope it does) when you use it and wear it over the day. The formula is pretty thick which I like a lot, but the colour is much stronger and darker than I thought it would be. I first of all rubbed this on my hand and its really quite orange. Hmmmm.

It feels quite moisturising on my skin though, and when I hold it up to the light I can definitely see the tiny gold flecks, which will give a lovely glow to the skin when applied.

I feel like with this product it’ll be one that I use sparingly, as a bit of an extra glow to the skin or as a tiny bit of highlight, rather than an all over bronze. I really like the fact that its so moisturising, it’ll make a nice change to always using a powder, which can be quite drying especially when I have spots. It’ll be good for those days in summer where I don’t want to wear a foundation, just a little concealer and a little of this. I really hope when they bring this out it comes in more than one colour, as this one isn’t universal, but for the super pale people like this if you use it sparingly it’ll look amazing for summer.








What’s your favourite bronzer? Comment below and let me know!

Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin!

1 comment:

  1. I was sent a sample of this too which I am yet to try, so it was good to read what someone thought about it before I try it x

    ReplyDelete