Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Rimmel Wake Me Up Mascara

It’s official, another Rimmel mascara to add to my ever growing collection… This time it’s a part of the Wake Me Up Range, a range which everyone seems to be loving at the minute, especially since summer is coming up. Keep reading for my first impressions of this new mascara. 




The Rimmel websites states that this mascara will allow you to “Wake up to uplifted eyelashes” with “eye-awakening volume lift and length”.  Sounds good to me!

The packaging of this is so bright, it definitely attracted my eye to it! The bright green is such a summery colour, it’ll definitely stand out against the standard black mascara packaging that seems to dominate my collection.

How beautiful is the packaging?

When I opened this mascara, the first thing that I noticed was the smell, it smells so fresh and summery. I know it sounds really strange, but it kind of reminded me of face wipes, which is an odd thing to say about a mascara, but it's that kind of natural not chemical-ish scent. They add cucumber extract to the formula, so I guess that explains it.

For the actual effects of the mascara, on first impressions it was okay. I am the biggest believer in Benefit Roller Lash, so I guess my expectations were pretty high and only an exceptional mascara would be able to take it's place. This does give a nice lift to the eyelashes, and made me look more awake, which was what i definitely needed at 7.30am. 

Please excuse the puffy eyes, it was so early!

After using the mascara - I think I like it!

As the day went on, I grew to love this mascara more. My lashes stayed separated and had volume all day – which can be quite rare. I think to get that big dramatic Bambi eyed look with this mascara it would require a heavy use of eyelash curlers, but for standard daywear I do like this.

Overall, for the introduction price of £5.99 at Superdrug, this mascara is pretty good! I'm not going to lie, I probably bought this because a new product by Rimmel is something that I cannot resist - god I'm such a make-up junkie hahah - but I think this mascara does live up to the good name.


What’s your favourite mascara? Let me know in the comments below.


Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin!

18 comments:

  1. Seems lovely! Def gonna try it out. A hunt for a good mascara is neverendless! I love maybelline's the rocket.

    xoxomake.com

    xx N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely do!! Ooh I haven't tried that yet I'll check it out! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I didn't even know their was a wake me up mascara! It looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's pretty new, worth a try!x

      Delete
  3. I've never seen this one before!!! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it's new, thanks!! :)

      Delete
  4. My new favorite mascara is the Maybelline Lash Sensational... but I'm going to have to give this one a try!
    Kisses,
    Sarah
    http://everydaystarlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yeah I've heard good things about Lash Sensational, I'll definitely try that next!x

      Delete
  5. I found this really useful! I was actually fascinated by the wake me up mascara and wondered if it would be any good! Thank you!

    AnnieRosesDiary

    Annie XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that mascara seems amazing, but then again, I have found that Rimmel's mascaras are usually really great. Am going to have to add this to my next makeup shopping list :)

    http://www.emilytrinh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you can never really go wrong with Rimmel haha, thanks!! :) x

      Delete
  7. i've never heard of this but it does look pretty good! the packaging is cute as well :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's pretty good! thanks :) xx

      Delete
  8. This seems great! Lately I've been using the Maybelline the Colossal Volume Express or the Essence I Heart Extreme one! Love them both! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the Essence one it seems awesome!xx

      Delete
  9. I am always looking for new and great mascara. I will try this one out. I am curious about the fresh smell. I am not sure I have ever had a mascara with a scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a strange concept but I think it works haha xxxx

      Delete