Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick First Impressions

I need to stop buying lipsticks… tomorrow. There is nothing better than opening a fresh lipstick and trying it out for the first time. I’ve been hearing such good things about the Revlon Lipsticks for a while now and for one reason or another have never actually bought one – so when I saw that Superdrug had a deal where it was two lipsticks for £10 – I decided that fate must be intervening and picked up these.





Revolutionary wax-free gel technology for true color clarity in one smooth swipe” is the slogan on the website. The lipsticks aim to give a clear intense colour, without the heavy feel of a normal lipstick.

I bought the shades 830 Rose; and 850 Iris. Rose is a very summery pinky shade with a bit of peach. Iris is more of a berry toned purple colour, with a bit of shimmer in. I usually go for matte shades, they’re just my go-to, but I thought, do you know what, it's basically summer time now, get a grip and  go for something a bit more glossy this time!

Most of my lipsticks come in really quite boring cases, they’re just either coloured or black, and you have to really open them before you remember which colour is inside. These though look so cute when compared to my others, and oh my lord it is so easy to check what colour it is. I will say though, because I am so weird, that a drawback of this packaging is, that I am so clinical when I put their lids back on, because if they touch the sides, they will smudge, and I am not having that…

Fist impressions, these lipsticks go on really easily. They have a really creamy formula, which makes them feel really moisturising on my lips, which is always a bonus. They have a slight bit of shimmer in them too, which makes them perfect for wearing in summer time. 

The pigmentation in these are just so lovely, they apply just the right amount of colour, without looking too blocky – which can happen especially with darker colours - and I got the level of intensity that I wanted from the colour in one coat. These colours suit my skin tone too which is amazing, as I find lipsticks so hard to buy in colours other than red (my safety blanket).


I would say that Rose would be my choice for day wear and Iris my choice for evening wear – but I’m pretty boring with my make up during the day. Maybe I’ll start switching it up though, because Iris isn’t actually too dark at all!



The only negative that I’ve noticed with these lipsticks, is they don’t really last all day with the same intensity that you start with. They do last a while, but I found myself needing to reapply them every few hours, which I mean is fine, but I just prefer something a bit more long-lasting. But then long lasting ones tend to really dry out my lips - gahhhh.

These lipsticks come in 20 different shades, mainly pinky colours, but I'm sure there would be a shade to suit anybody.

So there’s my little review of the new Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks, hope you enjoyed!

Whatre your favourite lip products for summer? Let me know in the comments.

Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin!




4 comments:

  1. I saw an advert today and was thinking about how much I wanted to try them. Both shades you picked up are gorgeous! x
    han // em&han xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are so good, you definitely should try them :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any revlon lipsticks before but I definitely would have taken that offer as fate too haha. The shades looks lovely, I'll have to go and swatch them all!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I know right - complete fate! Yes you definitely should!!Xx

      Delete