Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Bondi Sands Tanning Foam

As some of you may know due to my constant whinging about it– I have extremely pale skin. I live in the UK and we don’t get that much sunlight, so the chances of me actually getting a tan are somewhat limited. To this end – I have increasingly been using fake tan, but finding one that works and looks like you haven’t been dunked in a tank of Watsits is pretty difficult! So recently, I decided on a little splurge and bought the Bondi Sands Tanning Foam in the colour Dark.
 


 

I just want to put a little note here and say that most of the time I will use fake tan rather than sunbeds or natural tanning. Using sunbeds and tanning without protection is so dangerous and I would never ever encourage someone to do it. Fake tan can be a bit of a faff, but at the end of the day when you’re comparing it to your health, it doesn’t seem that annoying!

Bondi Sands is an Australian brand, passionate about health and beauty alongside the Australian culture. You can buy this brand at most of the Superdrug stores in the UK, the products ranging for about £10-£15.  They have a really wide selection of products to pick from varying from gradual tanners to wash off and going from light/medium to dark. I usually prefer foam fake tanners because I just find the easier to apply.

Bondi Sands recommends to use this on skin that is clean and free of any moisturisers. I usually apply this after I’ve been in the bath and exfoliated and shaved. I then wait for this to develop and try and leave it as long as I can – so usually all day when I’m at home, then I just nip into the shower for a couple of minutes until the top layer has come off so that it doesn’t look all streaky. Then I pat myself dry with an old towel (I’m not going anywhere near new/white towels with my fake tan).

When I first put on this product I was a bit like wow that’s dark. I applied it with a buffing mit I bought from my local pharmacy, and buffed it into my skin. Since its summer I tend to put it everywhere, because I don’t want to be caught with random white patches.

I want to warn you as well this fake tan has a very strong smell. It’s a nice smell don’t get me wrong, but it is very strongly smelling of coconuts. The formula is quite nice to use, but I do tend to give the bottle a little shake before I put in on each time. The tan doesn’t take too long to dry either which is such a big plus.

After I washed the top layer off, I must admit that I was a little bit disappointed with the colour – just because I thought that buying the dark colour it would be really really dark. But I must admit that I do actually really like the colour that it ends up as, it looks extremely natural.

Will I keep using it? Hell yes I paid £15 for it there’s no chance I’m letting it go to waste (such a cheap skate). The thing is though, I might top up this with the Bondi Sands Gradual Tanning Milk, which I think will keep the tan from going a bit streaky at the end of the week, which I’ve noticed that it does sometimes. What I'll probably do is see how long the bottle lasts me before I decide if I will buy it again.






So there’s my little review of the Bondi Sands tanning foam in dark, hope you enjoyed it!

What’re your favourite tanning products? Let me know in the comments.


Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review! I'm super pale as well and really hate tanning beds. I'm currently using a tanning gel which works better for me than the creme. Maybe I will try the foam after I run out of my current product! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never used a gel before, which do you use? Thanks :) xx

      Delete
  2. Being "naturally tanned" I haven't really used any fake tanner yet, but they really do intrigue me..I think they make skin look upgraded..you know what I mean? :)
    xoxo
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'm jealous! I get what you mean though for sure!xx

      Delete