Wednesday, 8 July 2015

July Magazine Haul

I know right? It seems like a strange concept to go shopping purely for magazines each month – but I keep reviewing products that I find in magazines and so I thought, screw it, I’m going to buy all my magazines in one go and give a little bit of info about the freebies that I got in each.



 

The first magazine that I picked up was the Marie Claire July edition. There is a new version of this magazine out (see further on), but if you can get your hands on a July version I definitely would, because inside is a Beauty Flash Balm by Elemis. I’ve used this a few times since I bought the magazine, and I will be seriously upset when it runs out. It works as a lovely primer underneath my make up and makes sure that it stays in place all day, and it smells so good! I could literally eat it.


The next magazine I bought was ELLE August edition. Inside this are the three little skincare bits from The Organic Pharmacy. The pack contains an Antioxidant Lip Balm, Double Rose Rejuvenating Face Cream and their Rose Facial Cleansing Gel. I haven’t had the chance to use these yet, because I’m still using up the little goodies from last months ELLE (Marlin + Gotez), but I have had a little open and they smell divine so I am really excited to try these.


On my lunch break this week I stumbled into a little newsagents near where I work, and found this copy of Harpers Bazaar August edition. I don’t usually read Harpers Bazaar, purely because I can never find it, but this cover art was so beautiful that I had to buy it and have a read. I can safely say I will be stumbling into this little newsagent around this time very month now. Inside this edition was a Shampoo and Conditioner set by L’Occitane. If you’ve read my previous blog post then you’ll know how much I love their products, they’re such good quality! This pair when I opened them up smelt so natural, like they’d be such a teat for your hair. Seriously cannot wait to use them.


Inside Cosmo this week was a selection of about 3 or 4 different products I think, all by the brand New Kid Cosmetics. The magazine that I picked up happened to have the mascara in, but I think the other choices were lip-glosses. I have used this mascara a little bit just to try it out and I did see that it added some volume to my lashes, but I don’t know if it’ll become my favourite just yet.


Inside InStyle this week is something that I am so so happy with. I wont lie I may have bought it more for the gift than the actual magazine but to be honest I don’t really care. I’ve seen people raving about the St. Tropez in shower gradual tan for too long without actually trying it for myself, but no longer! I will be brown for summer (hopefully)!


The last magazine that I picked up is the Marie Claire August edition. Inside are these cute little mini nail varnishes by Ciate London. I think they come in quite a few different colours, but the colour that I picked up was the colour honeybee which is kind of a brown/bronze colour with a little bit of shimmer. It also came with a “speed coat”, which I really need – I’m forever getting fidgety while I’m waiting for my nails to dry and then ending up with smudges all over them.

Wow, when I lay all of my magazines out like this it seems like so many, I cry at the thought of how much I spend on magazines a year (I also buy glamour religiously but that’s usually only a pound so that’s okay(ish)).

What’re your favourite magazines to read? Let me know in the comments :)


Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin!!

6 comments:

  1. Your post is making me want to go buy a magazine !! I have not bought one since I was a teen lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you need to they're such a good way to unwind!!!x

      Delete
  2. Hey! I absolutely love your blog, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award :)
    Check it out: http://meetmeinmelford.blogspot.co.uk/

    Bobo xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you so much! I definitely will :) xx

      Delete