Thursday, 20 August 2015

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Hello everyone! Today I’m going to be talking about this little piece by Estee Lauder – the Double Wear Foundation in the colour Cool Bone. Keep reading to hear my thoughts.


 
So the other day I was walking around a local shopping centre with my step mum and stepsister, when a lovely lady offering samples in Debenhams approached us. Obviously we went to go collect them and while I was waiting I spied the nearby Estee Lauder counter. I’ve been thinking about getting Double Wear for quite a while, so many people swear by it, but I’ve never plucked up the courage to actually go over and pull out my debit card.

\




But high on the free samples I got carried away and purchased the Double Wear in the colour Cool Bone. I originally got matched up for the colours Shell and Cool Bone, but with the help of my step mum and stepsister we decided that I needed the warmer shade (thank god I am no longer the whitest shade (woo!))

So what is the hype behind Double Wear? It’s meant to have a natural semi-matte finish with a 15 hour staying power which will stay natural yet flawless all day throughout heat and humidity. It also contains an SPF 10, which is so important to me now when I buy foundations – got to protect your skin everyone! 

So what did I actually think of this foundation? The formula is surprisingly light and creamy, not what I’ve come to expect from a long lasting foundation. As I didn’t want a full on face of makeup, in the summer I tend to go for a more natural look, I only use a tiny dot of this on each of my cheeks, forehead, chin and nose. This foundation blended into y skin so easily and literally looked like it was actually my skin just more flawless and with a more even tone. It didn’t cake on and didn’t let my natural glow be dimmed.

The packaging of this foundation is absolutely beautiful, a classic frosted glass bottle with a gold lid. The only thing I would actually say is I wish this foundation had a pump. It’s the same as with my NARS sheer glow, I like the foundation, but if it had a pump it would be that much better. I like to apply my foundation straight to my face instead of onto my hand, so that would be better. But I still love the foundation anyway.

All in all, I love this foundation. It does exactly what it says on the tin. I wore this foundation to the beach yesterday and it stayed in place all day and didn’t move an inch. Will I repurchase this foundation? Yes definitely. I have a feeling it will become an absolute essential of mine in time.

So there’s my little review of the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in the colour Cool Bone. I hope you enjoyed reading!

Have you ever used Double Wear? Let me know what your favourite foundation is in the comments.


Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin’!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely review. Haven't tried it yet but sounds great!

    Made in MauveBloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely get a tester before you buy it because it's quite expensive - but I really like it!!xx

      Delete
  2. This is also my favourite foundation! I use the lightest shade, been using it for years and can't imagine using anything else :)!

    Christie x
    http://christieslifestyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear you love it! Im still getting used to it but I already think it's great :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love this foundation! If you use Soap & Glory Kick Ass powder it's perfectly matte all day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - ooh thank you I will definitely try that!!x

      Delete