Monday, 31 August 2015

Kiko Long Lasting Shadow Sticks Review

Hello everyone! For my last post in blogging through August I thought that I would review these two little shadow sticks by Kiko. Keep reading to see my thoughts.








So I originally bought these two, as I had seen that they had been compared massively to the By Terry Shadow sticks that the whole blogging world seems to be obsessed with. Sadly my purse cannot currently accommodate; so I thought these would make a nice (cheaper) alternative.

I bought the shades 21; which is kind of a shimmery peach toned shadow, and number 21; which is more of a nude shimmery shade. These colours on the eye are actually so pretty, and have a really good pigmentation. The formula is super creamy and quite easy to blend.

One of my favourite looks to do right now is to use number 21 all over the lid and then put a light brown shade through my crease, which creates a really subtle peach smokey eye. It looks so pretty for summer. I tend to use number 28 as more of a base shadow. The colour is just a little too light for using on its own. But using it under another shadow creates a really lovely subtle shimmer to whatever shadow I’m wearing that day.

These shadows also last so long. I can put one on in the morning, do a full day, and it will still be there when I take my makeup off in the evening. A big plus in my book.

Overall I think that for what you pay for them, these shadow sticks are brilliant. If you’re looking to experiment with a wide range of colours and looks, and are not really sure what you’re wanting yet, I would definitely look at buying one of these before investing in the By Terry ones.

So there’s my little review of the Kiko Long Lasting Shadow Sticks, and also my last post of every day through august! I hope you’ve enjoyed reading!!

I also want to say a massive thank you to anyone that’s been reading my blog this month – or ever actually! I love writing this blog, and doing it every day has really been such a challenge but I’ve loved it and I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it!


Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin’!

10 comments:

  1. Great review! I've been wanting to buy some shadow sticks so I might give these a try, the peach shade looks so pretty XX

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely look into them - they have so many pretty shades!!!xx

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try these for so long, it's a shame I can't get them where I live :( they are really pretty x

    http://www.dulcedemango.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :( hope you manage to find some soon!!xx

      Delete
  3. Great review. I am a big fan of Kiko, they have some great dupes for higher end products. And the packaging looks so similar to Mac, it`s crazy.

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? They're amazing! I'm so excited to try some of their new stuff too!!xx

      Delete
  4. These sound fab, I've never tried Kiko! I really need to change that xx

    Alice Anne // Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely do - they have so many great products!!xx

      Delete