Thursday, 6 August 2015

L’Occitane 5 Essential Oil Shampoo and Conditioner

Hello everyone! Today I’ll be talking a little bit about these two little bits by L’Occitane. If you follow my blog, you’ll remember that in my July Magazine Haul I got these little samples from the Harpers Bazaar magazine. Keep reading to see what I made of these.


 
The shampoo and conditioner combo is a part of the Repairing range, aiming to re-nourish hair using 5 essential oils - ylang-ylang, sweet orange, lavender, geranium and angelica. Other products in this range include a repairing hair mask, repairing hair oil and a heat protection spray. 

So the first thing that hit me when I opened these up was the fragrance. I couldn’t quite put my finger on what it smelt like though, so had to consult my stepsister in (as you will probably be aware, I am terrible at describing smells). Anyway, she said that it first of all smelt like vanilla, then changed her mind and said Jasmine. So I’m going with it smells of sort of a vanilla jasmine essential oil blend. Either way, it does smell lovely, but it kind of reminded me of how a spa smells…



When I first put the shampoo on my hair, I wasn’t really sure what to make of it. It was probably something to do with the fact that my hair was pretty minging because the shampoo didn't really do very much – but to be honest I wanted to see what this shampoo could do! After one use, I didn’t really feel like my hair was quite clean enough, so I did have to use it again, but after the second use my hair felt lovely.


The conditioner is in the same scent as the shampoo, and is also lovely and very spa-like. This only took one use to leave my hair soft as you like and feeling amazing,

I’ll also take a minute to say that while my hair was drying it felt and smelt amazing – to the point where I was getting members of my family to feel and sniff my hair and make a comment on it.

Once my hair was dry it felt so good - really nourished and quite a bit healthier. I have quite dry hair because it really does need a cut (but i don't want to - cry), and I think this shampoo and conditioner definitely made my hair feel so much nicer.

One thing I would say however, if you don’t like a strong smelling shampoo and conditioner STAY AWAY from this one – it pretty much knocked me sideways in the shower.

Would I buy these once my samples run out? Erm theres a chance if it becomes my hair saviour once I get a bit further in the samples, but if we take how I feel now, I probably won't. I might have a look at buying the hair mask though because the conditioner was so good, and I think the scent in a hair mask would probably be better for me.

So there’s my little review of the L’Occitane shampoo and conditioner in 5 Essential Oils – I hope you enjoyed it!

Have you used these products before? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin!


No comments:

Post a Comment