Monday, 12 October 2015

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil

Hello everyone! Today I thought that I would chat to you all about this little lip crayon by NARS – their Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the colour Walkyrie. Keep reading to see my thoughts!




I got this lip crayon really recently in the Cohorted September box. If you’ve never heard of Cohorted, you definitely need to check them out. Ive had 2 beauty boxes from them so far (and I missed out on the October one – sigh) and I have to say I've been pretty obsessed. I've wanted one of the NARS lip crayons for so long now, and when I opened the box to see one I nearly exploded I was so excited.

NARS says that the pencil is long lasting with a non drying formula, which is enriched with Vitamin E for a smooth texture. That lips are instantly saturated with extremely pigmented colour with a matte finish.

The colour range from NARS is impressive as ever. From extremely pale frostly pinks to bright oranges and deep purples. There is such a wide variety of shades, without sounding extremely cheesy, there should literally be a shade for everybody. The colour that I have (Walkyrie) is a reedy-brown colour, a bit like a deep red nude. Personally I prefer colours like this because the traditional nude lipsticks tend to wash me out completely, so this colour is pretty much perfect for me. 

Honestly, I love this lip pencil. Ive already used it down to where it needs sharpening. I think the pigmentation of colour is just perfect, which keeping it matte so it doesn’t look like too much. The colour Walkyrie is just absolutely perfect for every day and can be so transitional for night wear. I cannot sing this lip pencil’s praises enough.

Would I buy this lip pencil again? Hell yes! I am so upset that I need to sharpen it and I cant find a sharpener wide enough. When I go on my next shopping trip I will definitely be making a little trip over to the NARS counter to test out the other colours.

So there’s my little review of the NARS lip pencil in the colour Walkyrie. I hope you enjoyed reading!

Have you ever tried the NARS lip pencil’s? Let me know what you think in the comments.

Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin’!


10 comments:

  1. LOVE NARS! Ive just done a post about all the lovely freebies we were lucky enough to get at a blogger event, including 2 of these lip pencils! 💙 www.freyafarrington.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'm jealous - Nars freebies is the dream!!xxx

      Delete
  2. Definitely want to try a NARS lip pencil, Think I might have to bite the bullet!

    Abbie - http://afhblogging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - there are lower priced options (like the Maybelline Colour Drama Pencils) but for a bit of a treat there is nothing better in my opinion!xxx

      Delete
  3. I still need to try NARS! That colour is gorgeous especially for autumn and I love that it has a matte finish

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely do! I love this pencil :) xx

      Delete
  4. Great review, NARS are such a lovely brand! I haven't tried their pencils before, will definitely have to give them a go. Would love if you could check out my recent post?:)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to try them - I love mine so much but now I'm craving another one!! Of course I will :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I love Nars pencils :) Glossybox have a limited edition coming up with all NARS goodies :)

    D. x

    www.idorottka.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeek I know, so exciting, I can't wait for it to come out!!xxx

      Delete