Tuesday, 24 November 2015

A Candy Glam Look

Hello everyone! Today I’m going to be talking my way through how I got this look using the new Tanya Burr Candy Glam Christmas Limited Edition Palette. Keep reading to see the products I used.






I bought this really recently from Superdrug for about £10, I’ve had a look on the Superdrug website though and cant seem to find it, but I think they will still have it in store hopefully. I’ve wanted to try some of the Tanya Burr products for so long, and the Christmas collections looked like such a good way to try some things out.

So included in this palette are 9 eye shadows, a mixture of matte and shimmery colours, alongside a shimmery bronzer, a beautiful pink blush and a nude lip-gloss.

For the whole look, I’m starting off with the Elemis Beauty Flash Balm, my absolute favourite primer that I got in my November Magazine Haul. I then went in with my L’Oréal True Match Foundation, which I’ve really been loving this autumn and winter – it just provides that extra little bit of coverage that I really need when it gets towards December. To quickly fill in my brows I'm just using my trusty brow duo by MUA Luxe.

From the palette I’m first of all using the eye shadows in the shades Snowflake, Teddy Bear, Ballet Slippers, and Plumberry. I’m starting off by using Teddy Bear in the crease of my lid, as more of a transition shade, then patting Ballet Slippers over the lid. In the outer corner I’m using Plumberry to darken things up, then using Snowflake as the highlight in the inner corner.

For Mascara I’m using my Eyeko Black Magic mascara, another one from my November Magazine Haul. I’ve really liked using this mascara, it adds length and curls my lashes, and after only one or two coats my lashes look amazing.

 I’m using the bronzer and blusher from the palette (Beach Bronze and Pretty Peony) to add a little bit of colour to my face. I really like this bronzer; it’s not too heavy or bright on my skin, which is so important, especially when I’m not wearing fake tan.

On the lips I’m starting off with my Rimmel Long Lasting Lip Pencil in Spice, which gives a lovely nudey colour to the lips, then going in with the gloss from the palette (Daydream) the give a little bit of gloss to the lips.

Overall I really like this palette, it is so versatile you can literally make so many different looks from it. The pigmentation of all the eye shadows is so good; I especially love the colour Starry Night. The bronzer blusher and lip-gloss are also so lovely, really light and pretty.

So there’s my little look using the Tanya Burr Candy Glam Christmas Palette, I hope you enjoyed reading! 



Have you tried any of the Tanya Burr Products? Let me know your favourites in the comments!

Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin’!


5 comments:

  1. I really want to try this Tanya Burr palette or any of her palettes really :) You look gorgeous x

    Ana | Zoella Beauty Giveaway www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should I was so pleasantly surprised by this! Thank you so much!! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. That palette looks like a fab gift for somebody or even a stocking filler. I'm so glad you mentioned the Eyeko mascara, I was going to buy it a few weeks ago and didn't. I ended up buying it yesterday and now I'm excited to try it!
    -Nishi x
    www.nishiv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a nice palette and really versatile too! What do you think of the mascara?!xxx

      Delete
  3. I have heard that Tanya's cosmetics line has amazing quality. What do you think. You look so beautiful! www.balticbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete