Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Wilkinson’s Haul

Hello everyone!! Today I’m going to be talking about another little bit of shopping that I’ve done recently at none other than my local Wilkinson’s! Keep reading to see what I chose.




 Essence XXXL Gloss in Taste the Sweets; XXXL Matt Gloss in Soft Nude; Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Celestial; Maybelline Colour Drama in Keep it Classy; Rimmel Lip Pencil in Spice

Essence I <3 Stage Eye Shadow Primer; Collection Lasting Perfection in Fair; Essence Matt Touch Blush in Berry Me Up!

You know when you get in a bit of a funk sometimes? Well I decided that I would try shop my way out of it (dangerous I know). But because I was still in my money saving mode I headed to Wilkinson’s because lets face it – their makeup section is bloody brilliant.

One thing that I really love about Wilkinson’s is that they stock Essence – which is such a nice brand and so cheap!!! I have a couple of bits from there but I’ve never done a proper scout through and done a proper shop of them.

From the Essence stall I first bought two XXXL lip glosses; one in a Matte finish in the colour Soft Nude, and the other in a gloss finish in the colour Taste the Sweets. I’m really loving glosses now that it’s getting a little colder, because unless it’s a really moisturising lipstick or a matte gloss, I tend to find that my lips feel really dry really quickly with my normal lipsticks. I also saw this little lip liner and was really interested in it – because it’s transparent! I’ve never really seen one of these before, but it’s meant to work for all lipsticks so I was immediately sold.

Also from the Essence stall I bought the I <3 Stage eye shadow primer. I really wanted to try this because I have The Balm Put A Lid On It in sample size, but I really am not too keen on spending that much money on a full sized one.

I also got one of Essence’s Matt Touch Blush’s in the colour 20 berry me up! With me buying more glosses to wear on my lips I don’t like to go for too shiny a look, maybe during the night but not for the day. I love the subtle pop of pink that this gives when I’ve swatched it.

When I finally tore myself away from the Essence stall, I took a look at the rest of the make up collection. From the Rimmel stand; I purchased the Spice Lip Pencil. Oh. My. God. I am in love with this lip pencil. It’s kind of a pinky brown nude colour and it is just perfect under my MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer. I also bought one of the Apocalips Lip Lacquers, in the colour Celestial, which is a lovely pink shade.

I made a quick stop at the Collection counter to pick up their Lasting Finish concealer in the colour Fair. This is just my favourite concealer ever, I bought this years ago when I was just getting into make up properly and since coming to uni I have fallen in love with it again. It’s just the best.

The final thing that I bought was from the Maybelline stand; and it’s one of the Colour Drama Pencils in the colour Keep It Classy. I personally think that these are such good dupes for the NARS Velvet Matte Pencils and (if you hadn’t noticed the theme of my lip products) I’ve really loved a nudey pink lip at the minute so this colour is perfect.

So there’s my little “cheer myself up haul”, I hope you enjoyed reading!

What’re your favourite products from Wilkinson’s? Let me know in the comments!!

Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin’!


6 comments:

  1. I've only tried a lip liner from Essence before, I really need to try some more of their products. I want to try some of the lipsticks!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, for the price they are they're insanely good!!

      http://ruthyb1.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. Ive never tried essence before but they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't until I came to be a student in Newcastle and ran out of money haha, but it is actually quite a good brand, especially for things like lip liners where you want loads of shades but don't want to spend £15 a pencil!!

      Delete
  3. Love the colour of the Rimmel spice lip pencil, the colour is stunning! following you on bloglovin as well :)
    xx
    http://www.northernmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so pretty, and if you put under a nude lipstick it gives a completely different feel to the lipstick! Following you too :) xxx

      Delete