Sunday, 10 September 2017

Too Faced Selfie Powders

Hi guys! Today's post is going to be a review of this very strange looking palette by Too Faced! Keep reading to see my thoughts...




So I'm out shopping, and you know that moment when you catch yourself in a changing room mirror and the light hits you in that perfect way, and you look like a cave troll? Yeah me too. My skin has been lacking some light recently, like no lie it looks so dull right now. But this is supposedly going to change my life and give my skin that flawless insta filter in real life. I may have been skeptical but let me tell you, I'm a big fan. 


In 3 shades, this palette certainly stands out in my makeup bag. And when I've whacked it out when getting ready with friends, it does trigger the occasional "Ruth's on a beauty hype again" eye roll. The yellow and purple shaded are brightening, so depending on whether you are warm or cool toned you have an option. Personally I love using the purple shade on the high points in my face to give a bit of extra brightness. The brown shade is to give a bit more of a bronzey glow - I prefer to use this if I'm going on a night out rather than an every day look. 

To be honest, I think what I really love about this palette is it's not too much. As pigmented as the colours look when they are in the palette, they go on to the skin just enough, giving that glow that just looks so pretty and healthy. It won't give you that fresh highlighter type look - but it's very subtle and bright. 

For £29 on the Too Faced website I would say it's a bit on the expensive side, I got mine from TK Maxx though and I think it cost around £15 on sale. 

What're your favourite products for getting "the glow"? What do I need to try next? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment